26 May, Damak: A total of nine people including two infants were taken ill after they consumed poisonous mushroom at Kamal Municipality in Jhapa district on Thursday night.

They were Bishnu Ghimire, 33, Salina Ghimire, 14, Sandhya Ghimire, 10, Soni Ghimire, 7, and two-year-old Sonika Ghimire, Uma Ghatani, 28, Indra Ghatani, 11, nine-year-old Chandra Ghatani and two-year-old Sabina Ghatani, of Kamal Municipality-4, said Deputy Superintendent of Police at Area Police Office, Damak, Rajan Limbu.

They were taken ill after they consumed the curry prepared from mushroom grown near their houses. All of them are receiving treatment at Biratnagar-based Nobel Hospital. RSS

Advertisements