9 April, Baniyani (Jhapa): A fire broke out at a furniture industry in Bhadrapur-8 in Jhapa today morning, destroying property worth more than Rs 12 million.

A short-circuit caused the explosion of cooking gas cylinders, burning down Rs 12.5 million worth of good and equipments used for furnishing, clothes and other household materials, said Deputy Superintendent of Police Netra Bahadur Karki. The exact details of the loss is yet to be ascertained.

The industry was owned by local resident Debendra Basnet. The flame that started at around 3 am was doused about four hours later with the help of fire engines from Birtamod and Bhadrapur Municipalities, police and local people. RSS

Advertisements